Friday, February 27, 2009

The melting mood




Usually I do not post much about what Andy and I do, because I kinda keep my blog for the kids.... So I will set the scene at 8:oo at our house is kid bed time, anyone who knows both of our kids just go to bed at eight (yes we know how great it is!) the bed time routine is so standard that on Valentines night instead of going out I decided to do a melting pot style dinner(I had just taken the melting pot cooking class so I was feeling brave!), so we put the kids DOWN, but I think that Kash knew that something was UP, I get our ROMANTIC dinner for two started, and out pops Kash, so of course we took him back to bed, but by now he had seen the spread and really knew that something was UP that he needed to be a part of... after a hour and the first course of trying to get him to bed we gave up, needless to say we could have done dinner at 6 for a party of 4! In case you are wondering Kash loved fondue, and you know that things have changed when the first part of the dinner is frustrating, because your child is interrupting, and by the end you are discussing how much fun the 3 of us are having at our romantic Valentines dinner ;D. I'm thinking of making it a weekly dinner, it is healthy and fun, and Kash ate everything which is amazing for such a picky eater.

2 comments:

Joey and Jana said...

I have always wanted to go up to the melting pot, but haven't quite made it up there yet... just the idea of fondue is soooo fun to me! Looks like a great V-day!

sarah said...

we should have a girls fondue night....mmmmmmmmm.....looks yummy.